The workforce module acts as an interface between the nursing unit and a central resource allocations unit. It conveys information in real time relating to
- the number of staff required to safely staff a shift
- the number of staff actually on the ward per shift
- sick leave hours.
It is used to identify
- permanent staff rostering numbers
- staff vacancy levels
- staff overtime hours
- bank hours / bank shifts / cost of bank
- agency hours / agency shifts / cost of agency.
Requests for extra resources are only processed with the provision and recording of a rationale.