Health-e Workforce Solutions is an integrated database system, based on Microsoft® SQL Server 2008, utilising the latest .Net technology. The software consists of 5 interrelated components:
- The Yearly Planner
- The EFT Profiler
- The Budget Profiler
Health-e Workforce Solutions is a unique suite of software applications designed to empower managers in effective healthcare workforce utilisation. At a practical level, Health-e Workforce Solutions puts the tools in the hands of managers to meet the day-to-day demands of healthcare workforce management. Perhaps more importantly, Health-e Workforce Solutions tools allow managers to shift their focus from the immediate to more medium and longer term considerations. Using Health-e Workforce Solutions software encourages managers to behave strategically rather than reactively.
The program effectively monitors vacancy, leave, labour costs, workforce trends and casual staff utilisation. Health-e Workforce Solutions software gives managers the right information, at the right time, to make the right decision.
Hospitals use Health-e Workforce Solutions to:
- generate significant savings in permanent and casual labour expenditure
- enable healthcare workforce predictive modelling to assist in strategic decision making
- facilitate accurate salary and wage budget build up using a system of uniquely developed algorithms incorporating details of industrial relations enterprise agreements
- provide accurate, real-time workforce data including staff demographics, clinical and leave EFT, workforce expenditure, current and predicted staff vacancy rates, sick leave statistics and exit interview data to enable effective and efficient human resource management
- collect, collate and report on workforce data pertaining to casual staff utilization including EFT, rationale for casual staff use, type of replacement staff, associated costs, trends and comparisons
- facilitate accurate agency invoice and bank and locum timesheet reconciliation
- provide an electronic link between the wards and a central allocations department to facilitate an automated process for requests for additional staff and allocation
- identify staff vacancies in advance and facilitate forward filling of vacancies resulting in reduced salary expenditure.
Each module is supported by a report generator that produces an extensive array of standard and user defined reports.